Friday, April 30, 2010

Various Artists - Wish I'd Kept A Scrapbook

I was talking to a friend of mine at work yesterday. Normally we talk about scuzzy punk rock, and low-fi black metal, and yesterday he broached the topic of indie-pop. I fucking love indie-pop(c86, sarah records, k records, all of it) so much, and I brought up Tullycraft as my favorite example of indie-pop or twee or whatever you want to call it. They're currently inactive as a band, though two of the members still play together as The Special Places(They have have a cover of "Enter Sandman" on youtube, and it is goshdarn adorable. Watch it here.)

Back to Tullycraft. While they are inactive currently, a gentleman named Lee Grutman is currently in the process of creating a tribute album, assembling some of the best in the current indie-pop scene. I'm swooning to the idea of Fishboy and Math and Physics Club playing Tullycraft songs. He's got a Kickstarter page up, and they're only $90 away from making this happen. Check it out here. Donate! Tribute albums are great for mix tapes.

No comments: