Sunday, May 2, 2010

These are truly the last days

Metal Haven is still not closed, but their Farewell show was last night. I stopped by their premises on Friday, and picked up Malignancy's "Inhuman Grotesqueries" and Withered "Folie Circulaire" on vinyl for about $18. I've briefly listened to the Withered, and I love it, but mostly I just want to listen to songs that sound like this:


Forest City Lovers are a band from Canada, and I have been in love with them for over two years. They provided the soundtrack to many a walk in Alaska. Something about their wistful and pleasant indie-folk just fit perfectly with that small town, with wanderings through the forests, to coffee at the bagel shop. They are working on a new album, and you can check out a song from it here:

3 comments:

Idol Threat: Warning Shots at the Mainstream said...

Man Withered is the shit, you should listen to their first album too. Mark my words, their next one is going to be a classic.

Did you get both for $18 or is that individual price?

edfnblair said...

both for $18.

Idol Threat: Warning Shots at the Mainstream said...

They got any more Withered left?