Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Youth Lagoon - LIVE at the Empty Bottle

So I got dragged to the Youth Lagoon show at the Empty Bottle last Friday and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the show.  The opening band was unremarkable, and we left before the headliner(I'm fucking old), so here are some disjointed thoughts about Youth Lagoon:

I was exhausted, and pretty annoyed with the crowd, but Youth Lagoon was maybe the most soothing set I've seen in a long time.  Upbeat but relaxed, their synth/guitar combo provided the perfect soundtrack to gently and sleepily swaying in place in an overly-crowded venue.  I closed my eyes and nodded my head and felt all the stress seep away.  I could talk about how it reminded me of a sunny How to Dress Well, or whatever, but really, I just want to talk about sleepily leaning on this girl I know, and feeling perfectly at peace with everything. 

It was a good show.  You should try to see them.

No comments: